The DRG type E 95 was planned in the 1920s for the traction of heavy coal trains in the silesian railway network. In december 1927 the first test runs have been started with the E 95 01.The peak performance during the test runs was a transport of a 2.568 to heavy train, composed of 39 wide-body self-unloading cars.Overall six machines have been ordered. The last conserved exemplar is located in the DB Museum Haale (Saale). It is under operable refurbishment by the Traditionsgemeinschaft Bw Halle P e.V..
- Delivery status in khaki-grey-black painting with brass plates
- DRG E 95 in blue-grey-black painting with brass plates
- DRG E 95 in green-black painting with red wheels und brass plates
- DR E 95 in green-black painting with nickel silver plates
|Put into service||1927||Year of construction||2020|
|Length over buffers||20,900 mm||Length over buffers||652 mm|
|Weight||138.5 to||Weight||9.4 kg|
|Power||2,418 kW||Scale/Gauge||1:32/Gauge 1|
|Maximum speed||43.5 mph|
|• e_95.pdf (1.182 kB) - You need the free Adobe® Reader® for reading this file.|
The technical journalist Peter Pernsteiner has created a nice video about the model.