In 1928, the first machine of this type was delivered by the Maschinenfabrik Florisdorf for the main line of Austria, the Western Railroad. This engine with two cylinders was very successful in the optimized version 214.10. While the ÖBB got only thirteen machines ofthis type, 79 of these locomotives were made in Rumania under license.
We built the models of the series 214 in four different variations. The original model for the ÖBB with Dabeg's pump for the mix-preheater. This model was also made painted for photographic purposes. The model of the ÖBB 214.10 corresponds with the Rumanian version.
This series was ordered by Fulgurex.