The D VIII was developed for the mountainous route from Freilassing to Berchtesgaden by Krauss for the Bavarian Railway. From 1888 to 1893 ten machines of this efficient tank locomotive were delivered. New on this loco was the Krauss-Helmholtz frame and the Riggenbach back pressure brake.
The nine machines taken over by the Reichsbahn were taken out of service between 1931 and 1935.
We have built the D VIII in its wonderful black/green paint with beige colored ornamental stripes and as DRG BR 98.6.
This series was ordered by Fulgurex.